Located 25 kilometers of Prague, on the bank of the Vltava River, Nelahozeves chateau represents the pinnacle of Renaissance architecture in Bohemia. The chateau was built in the 16th century in the Renaissance style by Florian Gryspek of Gryspach. From 1623 the influential family of Lobkowicz owned the chateau.
The chateau art collection displays important works of Cranach, Bruegel the Elder, Velasquez, Rubens. Besides, it has one of the largest groups of Spanish portraits outside Spain. A significant part of the exhibition creates major collection of furniture, ceramics, glass, metalwork and rare books. Additional highlights include musical instruments and manuscripts of Beethoven, Mozart and others.
Nelahozevs Chateau (Photo: CzechTourism)