The small village of Tuzsér is located in the Eastern part of Hungary, in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg county, on the Tisza River, close to the border with Ukraine and Slovakia. Tuzsér's principal tourist attraction is the Lónyay Mansion.
The Lónyay Mansion in Tuzsér is an important memento of the architectural and domestic-cultural preferences of the nobility in Hungary. According to local folklore, the main building of this historic complex was built by János Lónyay in 1787, using building materials taken from the old Ambrózy Castle.
Built in the Zopf style, the single-storey, mansard roofed edifice comprised six large-sized, vaulted rooms. The mansion was extended in 1870.
The mansion has two side buildings, two gate-houses, and at one time also had an English garden. Conforming to the fashion of the time, an English park was set out in parallel with the building of the mansion; originaly close to 6 hectares in size, it reached down to the bank of the Tisza River.
Lónyay Mansion in Tuzsér