Ljubostinja Monastery is located in the south-central part of Serbia, in the valley of River Ljubostinja near the town of Trstenik.
According to the legend, Ljubostinja monastery was founded by Prince Lazar Hrebeljanovic and Princess Milica in 1388. After the battle of Kosovo, when Lazar was killed, Milica became a nun.
Architecturally, the church was dedicated to the Dormition of the Holy Virgin, belonging to the Morava School. The monastery is famous for its rich exterior, sculptured windows, lunettes and rosettes. Unfortunately, little has remained of once vast painted area of Ljubostinja Monastery. In the nave, only the Annunciation unit of the whole Festival Cycle has survived. The four best-preserved compositions represent Christ's miracles and sermons.