The village of Šivetice (Hungarian: Süvete) is located in the southeastern part of Slovakia, in the Revúca District. The most important monument in Šivetice is the Romanesque style church.
The Šivetice Rotunda, the only round church in the Gemer area, can be found on the cemetery-hill above the village. It has a belfry standing next to it, and is surrounded by a protective wall. The church was built in the second-half of the 13th century in the Romanesque style; during the 1750’s it was rebuilt as a baroque style rotunda. The oldest wall paintings in the Gemer area, dating from the 13th century, can be seen in the church.