The town of Trebišov (Hungarian: Tőketerebes; German: Trebischau) is located in the eastern part of Slovakia, about 45 km southeast of Košice.
Trebišov’s mansion was constructed from the stone remains of an earlier castle, around the 1780’s, by the Csáky family. The Empire-Classicist style mansion came into the possession of the Andrássy family during the first half of the 19th century.
It gained its present appearance as a result of the rebuilding carried out during their tenure. The mansion presently serves as a museum, in which a series of exhibitions, featuring the local history of the town and the surrounding region can be seen.
The Neo-Gothic mausoleum of the Andrássy family, designed by Arthúr Meining, was built in the mansion’s park in 1893. Its restoration was completed in 2005.
The town’s vicarage church was originally Gothic in style, but was rebuilt in the baroque style. Its Pauline monastery dates from 1502; it was rebuilt in 1976.