Brussels is the capital of Belgium. The place is known for French culture but modernization allowed different nationalities to exist in the city. Brussels is increasingly exposed to the world inviting thousands of tourists annually because of its fine restaurants, exemplary cuisine, amazing nightlife, shopping, yearly festivals and tourist attractions.
- Town Hall- This public infrastructure is decorated with adorable wall sculptures. The archangel Saint Michael is the main attraction built on top of the tower. It is where the foundation of Gothic structure in Brussels was born in the year 1402.
- Mannekin- Pis- This statue became significant to the city as years passed by. It was originally built as a drinking fountain during the 15th century. The statue is luxuriously dressed four times annually on special events.
- Atomium- This structure made of steel and aluminum has become the symbol of the city.
- La Monnaie- This ancient architecture opera house is Brussels’ center of cultural activity. The building was built in 1965 and was continued by architects throughout the years.
- Cantillion Brewery- This is an original brewery started by the Cantillon Clan in 1900. The taste is authentic that will really spice up your taste buds.
- Grand Place- Buildings in this place were built during the 17th century. The traditional architecture and culture of the society embark on the remains of the buildings. This was the center for Brussels’ politics and economy in the 17th century.
The culinary dishes of Brussels are excellent. It is one of the world’s finest eating centers along with other cities like Paris, Hong Kong, and New York. Their dishes were influenced by ingredients of the medieval period. Meals in Brussels can be expensive but food purchased in the marketplace is cheaper but satisfying.
The most famous local product of Brussels is chocolate. The chocolates are mouthwatering and creamy. You can’t surely resist the temptation of wanting more. Here are shops that guarantee delicious chocolates produced in town:
- Nehaus and Godiva- These shops are situated in the Grand Place. Their chocolates are proven exceptional.
- Chocolatier Mary- Their shop is located at Rue Royale standing since 1919. 70 pralines are offered with a sweet and bitter taste.
Brussels might not be included in the shopping centers of the world but it offers fashionable collections that tourists might be interested with. Rue Nueve is a street with established designer shops. The oldest shopping mall, Galeries Royales St- Hubert, is also built in Brussels where a variety of shops, café, and restaurants are established.
Travel agencies offer big discounts of vacation packages to Brussels. Accommodation in Brussels is ideal and luxurious whether you’re in a travel budget or not.