The mansard roofed mansion, with its cour d'honneur arrangement, sited on the upper end of a gently sloping hill, replaces an earlier country-mansion belonging to the Fáy family, which was already standing on the same site towards the end of the 16th century. By 1673, complete with gardens and a fish pond, it was referred to as a “nobleman’s country-mansion”.
The walls and cellar of this late-Renaissance country-mansion form the core of the present baroque style building. Originally erected in 1750, its banqueting hall was extended in a westerly direction around 1800, to enable musical performances to be held in it.
With the addition of the northern wing, the mansion acquired its current symmetrical U-shape.
The golden age of the Fáj mansion occurred during the Classicist period in the 19th century, when it underwent further alterations.
Fáj - Fáy Mansion